In today’s fast-paced world, where our lives are filled with busy schedules and distractions, social media apps strive to capture our attention. YouTube, being one of the most popular platforms, constantly introduces new features to engage its users.
One such feature is YouTube Shorts, which offers bite-sized videos perfect for those with short attention spans. However, some users encounter the frustrating error message “Unable to Preview Video” when trying to view shorts. In this article, we will explore the possible causes of this issue and provide solutions to help you fix “Unable to Preview Video” on YouTube Shorts
How To Fix “Unable to Preview Video” on YouTube Shorts
#1. Outdated YouTube App
One of the common reasons for the “Unable to Preview Video” issue on YouTube Shorts is using an outdated version of the YouTube app. It is important to keep your device’s apps up to date to ensure compatibility and optimal performance. Here’s how you can update the YouTube app:
- For Android Users: Open the Google Play Store and search for “YouTube.” If an update is available, click on the “Update” button.
- For iPhone Users: Go to the App Store and search for “YouTube.” If an update is available, tap on the “Update” button.
#2. Clearing In-App Cache and Cookies
Cache and cookies stored within the YouTube app can sometimes cause issues with video preview. Clearing these data can help improve the app’s performance. Follow the steps below to clear the cache and cookies on your device:
- Android Users: Go to your device’s Settings and find the “Apps” or “Application Manager” option. Locate and select “YouTube” from the list of installed apps. Tap on “Storage” and then choose “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” or “Clear All Data.“
- iPhone Users: Open the Settings app and scroll down to find “General.” Tap on “iPhone Storage” and look for “YouTube” in the list of apps. Select “Offload App” to remove stored data related to YouTube. You can also choose to delete the app entirely but note that this action is irreversible.
#3. Temporarily Stop Using DaVinci Resolve
Creators often use DaVinci Resolve, a powerful editing software available for both Mac and Windows, to produce YouTube shorts. However, if you are experiencing the “Unable to Preview Video” issue, it is recommended to avoid using DaVinci Resolve temporarily. This step allows you to identify if the software is causing any conflicts with YouTube shorts.
#4. Check Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is crucial for smooth video playback on YouTube Shorts. If your internet connection is weak or intermittent, it may lead to difficulties in previewing videos. Make sure you are connected to a reliable network or try switching to a different Wi-Fi network or cellular data.
#5. Update Device Operating System
Outdated device operating systems can sometimes cause compatibility issues with various apps, including YouTube. Updating your device’s operating system to the latest version can resolve such problems. Here’s how you can update your operating system:
- Android Users: Open your device’s Settings, scroll down to find “System” or “About Phone,” and select “System Updates.” If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- iPhone Users: Go to the Settings app, tap on “General,” and select “Software Update.” If an update is available, click on “Download and Install” to update your device’s operating system.
#6. Restart Your Device
Performing a simple restart can sometimes solve minor software glitches that may be causing the “Unable to Preview Video” error. Restart your device and try accessing YouTube Shorts again to see if the problem persists.
#7. Disable VPN or Proxy
If you are using a VPN or proxy service, it’s possible that it is interfering with YouTube’s functionality, including video preview on YouTube Shorts. Try disabling your VPN or proxy temporarily and check if the issue is resolved.
#8. Contact YouTube Support
If none of the above solutions work, it is advisable to reach out to YouTube Support for further assistance. They have dedicated resources to address user issues and can provide personalized guidance to resolve the “Unable to Preview Video” problem.
YouTube Shorts is a popular feature that offers short and engaging videos to users worldwide. However, the “Unable to Preview Video” issue can be frustrating for both viewers and creators. By following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article, you can fix this problem and enjoy seamless video playback on YouTube Shorts. Remember to keep your YouTube app updated, clear cache and cookies, and check your internet connection regularly to ensure a smooth viewing experience.